Sunday, January 22, 2012

256 interview tomorrow

Tomorrow at 5:30 is my post 256 field experience presentation and interview. I will be interviewed by Dr. Walkuski and Ms. Hovey on how my field experience went. I will have to explain how my experience went and relate it to NASPE standard 6. I will also present an additional NASPE standard of my choice and will answer questions of the interviewers choice relating to my field experience. When my interview is complete I will receive a grade of target, acceptable or unacceptable. This interview with be the culmination of all of the hard work I have put in over the last semester plus winter break. Wish me luck!

In class on Friday I had the opportunity to be involved in an activity that I have not done in a very long time. My PED 257 class is currently involved in our ice skating unit. Ice skating is definitely not an activity that I have done often, let alone in physical education. As the class went on I figured out quickly that ice skating is very active and involves a lot of the muscles in the lower body. I do not know if every town has an ice rink that they physical education teachers would be able to rent out or use, but I know my home town has one or two ice rinks rather close. Ice skating is an activity that you do not have to be in great shape to enjoy. Almost anyone can get out on the ice and skate around a bit. Getting good at ice skating takes quite a bit of practice and becoming comfortable can take just as long. Use ice skates to glide across the ice is much different than walking on the ground. But, give it some time and you will most likely really enjoy ice skating.Add ice skating to the list of activities you can do if you are 7 or 77. Grab your skates and hit the ice. Have fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment